Talk

Advanced search

HELP - my books coming up on my kids Hudl - need to remove!

(15 Posts)
sorryimlateagain Sun 14-Dec-14 14:37:02

Just bought my 9 yo a Tesco Hudl and trying to set it up before Christmas. We've added the Kindle app and I've registered it to my Kindle account but all my books are showing and just need to be tapped to download. She's really not ready for my reading list!!!!!! Does anyone know how to stop my books showing please?

ilovepowerhoop Sun 14-Dec-14 22:58:27

you could set up an amazon account in her name using a different email address and then just buy books for her on that profile. If you put your amazon details in then it will share your whole kindle library and I dont think you can stop that.

YonicSleighdriver Sun 14-Dec-14 23:01:51

I don't think you can - device sharing to amazon means just that - their model is that one account is accessed by several devices which may all belong to the same person or not, not that one account can have different settings for different people.

sorryimlateagain Sun 14-Dec-14 23:08:47

Thanks. I think it's the app that's the problem. My other daughter has a kindle and I can control that. It's just annoying to have to but stuff twice as already have kids books bought! Wi

YonicSleighdriver Sun 14-Dec-14 23:11:02

How do you control it on your other DD's kindle?

sorryimlateagain Sun 14-Dec-14 23:13:10

Ugh! Posted early by mistake! Will be removing the app for now. Can't believe someone in the kindle user forum on amazon then tried to lecture me 'if you give your daughter a tablet with free access to the internet you've got far worse things to worry about'. Took a lot of self control not to be very rude!!!! The parental controls are on the hudl are great - why on earth would we give our daughter free access to the internet!!

YonicSleighdriver Sun 14-Dec-14 23:13:15

I have inherited my husband's kindle in the past and all books he already had stayed on it when I re registered it to me.

So if you open an account for DD2 and DD1 re registers to that, DD1 should be able to keep all existing books then at least they can share new purchases. No promises though!

sorryimlateagain Sun 14-Dec-14 23:14:36

I control it on the kindle as I can determine which device I send books to but everything had just poped up on the Hudl

Theas18 Sun 14-Dec-14 23:14:45

Hahaha. Shouldn't havd bought 50 shardes should you !
We send to each different kindle ( or actively pull stuff down onto it) so I'm not sure why your hudl is showing all books.
Remember to turn off sync if 2 people read the same book too!

sorryimlateagain Sun 14-Dec-14 23:17:36

Hmmm. Will have another look at hand tomorrow then. Thanks x

YonicSleighdriver Sun 14-Dec-14 23:27:32

Ok, I can do that for my mum too because she shares my account but I always assumed she could seek out all my books if she wanted (but she would need to know more than fuck all about tech, so I'm safe!)

KatyMac Mon 15-Dec-14 07:38:58

On my devises & content (or is it content & devises) on Amazon there is a bit about children/kindle/sharing& limiting access

ilovepowerhoop Mon 15-Dec-14 09:30:51

they talk about sharing on a kindle fire though and I dont think you can do the same while using the app.

KatyMac Mon 15-Dec-14 10:09:23

it@s called Households & Family Library here

sorryimlateagain Mon 15-Dec-14 11:28:06

Thanks just checked the link re family & household library - it's not supported on the free Kindle apps on android devices. Such a shame. Ah well - she'll have to stick to real paper books for now and we'll remove the app. My other daughters kindle is just fine re content control ... except she just broke the screen so a third of this of it is now black with lines across!!! Theas18 - how did you guess, lol blush!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now