Talk

Advanced search

What do you love about your kindle?

(48 Posts)
Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 18:27:06

My lovely DP ordered me a kindle, I've wanted one for ages and I can't wait for it to get here!
Help me pass the time by telling me how great yours is and what you love most about it.
Thanks smile

follyfoot Tue 30-Aug-11 18:28:31

Lying in bed thinking hmmm I'd like to read such and such a book, and within a couple of minutes I am reading it.

BerryLellow Tue 30-Aug-11 18:30:08

What follyfoot said, and also the light so I can read in bed without DP whinging about being kept awake.

Tonksforthememories Tue 30-Aug-11 18:31:26

How easy it is to use, and that DH (who bought it for me) wants one! <smug>

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 18:31:55

Eeek, so excited. Are e books generally less expensive?

Tonksforthememories Tue 30-Aug-11 18:36:00

amazon just had a kindle sale and i got loads of books for 99p, there's also loads for free if you like classics like Conan Doyle or Bram Stoker.

I'm currently reading a bio of Lucretia Borgia that i got for £1.99!

LeBOF Tue 30-Aug-11 18:38:31

I love how light it is, and how easy it is to read one-handed.

That sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?

grin

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 18:45:11

Ooh I'll definitely be buying that Bio Tonks, just finished watching the series and loved it!

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 18:45:34

Arf LeBof grin

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 18:49:54

That I can get bored reading something and not have to put up with it because I can just start reading something else.

WHile studying I loved that you can email pdf's to it so I could catch up with work.

That you can put some children's books on with pictures so DD1 could sit and read it at the dentist whiel waiting for me.

That you can browse the internet, yes it's slow, but sometimes I egt really boredgrin

Oh and that all the best classics are free, so you can read those books you never got round to.

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 18:50:40

My SIL has one and she has got allthe harry potters and a load of horrid henry's for their camping trip so that her DS's can read without lumping a big box of books across the country

edoli Tue 30-Aug-11 18:53:03

my subscription to the guardian and observer. Brilliant.

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 18:55:04

ooh, some oen to ask, how to the subscriptions work? is it weekly or monthly? and do you get pics and stuff like a webpage or what? (sorry for hijack!)

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 18:55:35

oh sweet lord, I do apologise for the spellings there, I was just so excited to find someone to askgrin

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 18:59:01

Oooh, I hope heat do one!

blush

ScaryFairy28 Tue 30-Aug-11 19:26:38

I love that I can read and BF, would have bought one months ago if I'd known.

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 19:45:24

Oh god yes, the years of dropping books on dd's heads and turning pages with my tongue, how primitive.

jeee Tue 30-Aug-11 19:46:50

Loads of Angela Brazil, downloaded for free.

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 19:47:07

Sookeh, go onto the amazon site now, you can order stuff already and it will load instantly when your kindle arrives. I had kindle for android on my phone and after I registered my kindle (from tesco-instant gratification) all the books I already had were just there (including all my southern vampireswink)

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 19:54:35

jeee, where from?!

jeee Tue 30-Aug-11 19:59:43

Project Gutenberg.

If you like Angela Brazil, you might like L T Meade. My mum was always nostalgising about 'The Modern Tomboy', a very early school story, and I was able to get this for her.

And I've also downloaded some E Nesbit which I've never read - Wet Magic, The House of Arden, and Harding's Luck.

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 20:04:05

Oooh spongebob, how does that work? I'm not sure how to register it before it arrives but I love the idea of spending some me time tonight ordering some e books grin

My southern vampires shall be my first purchase smile

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 20:04:44

Sqoungebob rather

Sookeh Tue 30-Aug-11 20:05:02

Oh I give up! blushgrin

SquongebobSparepants Tue 30-Aug-11 20:10:56

I don't know how you would register it but if you download kindle for pc now (its free from amazon) then you can start downloading kindle books on your account, then when you get your kindle it has a reg number which you add to 'link' it to your account, then BAM all your books MAGICALLY appeargrin

thanks jeee! I keep meaning to look on project guttenburg but never get round to it <<wanders off>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now