Talk

Advanced search

Reading Kindle in the dark?

(6 Posts)
MRSJWRTWR Tue 02-Aug-11 12:25:18

At the moment I have the Kindle app on my Iphone and really love it. I thought I'd be put off by the small screen and miss the feel of a real book but am having a great time downloading all sorts of cheap/free books and having the ability to have something to read anywhere I happen to be.

So, I am toying with the idea of putting a Kindle on my Christmas list but from what I've read, do you need a cover with a light to be able to read it in the dark, in bed? At the moment have my Iphone set with white text on a black background to read at night and its great. Are you not able to do this with the Kindle?

Lilymaid Tue 02-Aug-11 12:30:29

There's no back lighting on the current Kindle so you need some type of light. I have the Kindle cover with light. This works OK though it isn't as nice as reading with the bedside light on!

herbietea Tue 02-Aug-11 12:33:01

Message withdrawn

Babieseverywhere Thu 25-Aug-11 09:10:09

I have the cover with a built in light, essential when cosleeping so I don't wake up the baby.

bamboostalks Thu 25-Aug-11 09:11:53

I actually prefer reading with kindle cover light to normal bedside light.

jerlls Mon 05-Sep-11 14:02:37

I bought a kindle light from Ozeri and it is great for reading in the dark. Mine is the Kandle 2 which is compact as compared to others with extended arms. It is priced a bit high because it is specifically made for it but you could get any other book light available online even for as low as 5. I would have gotten that kindle cover with built in light though I opted for something with a stand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now