Talk

Advanced search

beach + kindle = need to buy waterproof cover

(6 Posts)
bluepapermonkey Fri 15-Jul-11 19:00:13

heading off for hols soon and don't want to take half my case up with books (as i used to) now i have my kindle but how do i protect it from sea, sand and sunscreen?

amazon have two covers

www.amazon.co.uk/Proporta-BeachBuoy-Waterproof-Standards-Institute/dp/B004RR5N4A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310752567&sr=8-1

and

www.amazon.co.uk/TrendyDigital-WaterGuard-Waterproof-Padding-Generation/dp/B003YGQGGO/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

can't see much difference between them - anyone tried a beach holiday with kindle? what did you use to protect it?

bluepapermonkey Fri 15-Jul-11 19:10:28

just found a third option caselogic but no reviews...

Listlessbean Sat 16-Jul-11 16:54:15

The only concern I have with Kindles and the beach is that if I leave my paperback under my towel as I go for a dip, I'm pretty confident no one will steal it .... but would be a bit concerned with a Kindle.

ChippyMinton Sat 16-Jul-11 17:43:36

I'm getting around this by having two different books on the go. One on my kindle for the evenings/siesta time, and a paperback for the beach.

I've also got a stash of ziplock bags to keep the kindle in, to keep the sand off (we are camping).

kellestar Sat 16-Jul-11 19:14:25

I also use ziplock bags as a cheap alternative.

LivinInATinyZoo Mon 18-Jul-11 12:24:45

you can get waterproof covers much cheaper on ebay

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Kindle-3-WIFI-Waterproof-Bag-Wallet-Case-Cover-UK-/230637938305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35b317a681

theres a few to choose from.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: