Talk

Advanced search

Have Kindle and Ipad: should we get 2nd kindle?

(5 Posts)
Ladymuck Sat 09-Jul-11 18:37:18

So on our last holiday I used the Kindle app on the iPad. This holiday is a hot one, so sun might be more of an issue. We have a (newly acquired) kindle but I'm wondering whether we'll be able to share nicely or not? Also unlikely to have wifi so will have syncing problems. Anyone out there with multiple kindles and iPads?

GwendolineMaryLacey Sat 09-Jul-11 18:41:10

I sold my Kindle and got an iPad instead. I've taken it on holiday and, much as I loved the Kindle, I didn't pine for it, the iPad was absolutely fine. Unless you're desperate to spend money or don't want to take a £600 item on holiday then I'm sure you'd be fine as you are.

chickflit Thu 14-Jul-11 07:41:51

We have a Kindle and an Ipad and you absolutely can not read a book in the sunshine from an Ipad it's impossible.

I suppose it depends how much you're both going to be reading (I read all the time on holiday) and whether you can share the Kindle.

I'm not a fan of the Ipad I prefer my Kindle every time.

MindtheGappp Thu 21-Jul-11 15:12:34

We took an iPad and three Kindles to Tunisia. I was worried about screen brightness and battery life with the iPad, as well as possible scratching of the touch screen with sand. All no problem - as long as fully charged overnight, and read under the parasol shade. The Kindles were fine - could be read in full sun and did not seem to absorb heat.

Fuzzled Thu 21-Jul-11 15:17:13

If you do get another kindle, register it to the same email address and you can then share books.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: