Talk

Advanced search

Calibre

(6 Posts)
sybilvimes Tue 05-Jul-11 19:13:46

After buying my kindle I followed mumsnet advice and downloaded calibre, but now I have masses a few books on there how do I separate books into individual sections/libraries? At the moment they are all together and it is getting difficult to to see what I actually have.

Any tips?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 06-Jul-11 12:09:11

Just marking my place for later.

sybilvimes Wed 06-Jul-11 14:29:23

Hopefully someone techie will come along and sort us out JJJ, I'm sure they are out there somewhere...

kellestar Wed 06-Jul-11 17:33:37

I use tags to create categories, makes it easier to see what genres I have.

sybilvimes Wed 06-Jul-11 20:10:30

How does that work Kellestar? Are they still on the main list or do they get split into separate ones?

Also, and most importantly, how do you actually do it?

Thanks!

ScarletOHaHa Sun 17-Jul-11 11:00:20

I think kindle terminology isn't intuitive. To create individual section / libraries you need to make a 'collection'.

1. Go to home, press menu button and option 'create new collection'
2. Enter new name for example Harlan Coben and tab to save
3. This will take you back to home where you will find a new item in list called Harlan Coben
4. Click/use the middle button on your cursor and it will say 'No Items' and 'click to add items to this collection'
5. Click and it will take you to a list of all books on your kindle. Use the middle button on your cursor to add ticks to the books you want to add to your collection.

Hope this is what you need grin I have an Amazon Kindle user guide. I have used it twice one to sort as above and another to delete books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now