Talk

Advanced search

E-book price drop tracker - all Kindlers need this!

(13 Posts)
TrilllianAstra Tue 21-Jun-11 12:03:02

This - it looks very useful

Find the book you want on Amazon, tell these guys your email address, and they'll email you every time the price drops by £1.

They also have a list of 'most watched' so you can see what other people are looking at.

Kindle prices do seem to jump up and down a lot, so hopefully this means I can buy more books smile

ChippyMinton Tue 21-Jun-11 13:50:59

Looks good. Have you tried it?

I've noticed that a book will be free for a period of time, then jump straight into the paid bestsellers list, presumably based on all the free downloads.

TrilllianAstra Tue 21-Jun-11 13:52:27

Surely 'paid bestsellers' should be things that actually sold as paid, not just 'is paid right now'? What a cheat!

I only signed up with some books today, unsurprisingly they have not emailed me yet!

ChippyMinton Tue 21-Jun-11 14:00:32

The whole pricing structure is manipulative.

Never mind, I'm happy because I can buy and download a book from the comfort of my bed in the middle of the night - priceless grin

TrilllianAstra Tue 21-Jun-11 14:03:10

Caitlin Moran's book has, in the last week, been £3.78, £9.59, and £4.19 (that I've seen). It makes no damn sense!

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Jun-11 17:52:46

Thank you Trillian, it looks great.

Reiden Wed 22-Jun-11 12:49:16

Thanks... been manually checking for my books... soo much easier now

TrilllianAstra Wed 22-Jun-11 18:10:07

I have signed up to be told about new free books, so far they all look a bit shite but I can always hope...

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 22-Jun-11 20:08:46

Just signed upto then on FB too and the books they mention on their look rubbish too.

TrilllianAstra Wed 22-Jun-11 20:55:53

If a book is any good it makes sense that they would be charging for it...

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 23-Jun-11 10:09:00

Well, yes but I've downloaded a couple that were free for a short while then shot up to £4.99. Its all a bit odd.

TrilllianAstra Thu 23-Jun-11 13:57:50

The prices really are strange.

If you know of any free books that are good (and still free) let me know! smile

Reiden Thu 23-Jun-11 14:32:09

What kind of books do you like Trillian?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now