Talk

Advanced search

Syncing between kindle and the kindle iPhone app?

(12 Posts)
ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 11:16:34

how?!?

Downloaded a couple of sample first chapters from amazon on my iPhone, via the kindle app. They won't appear on my (shiny new) kindle though, even though they are both registered.

Confused... Help please smile

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 11:18:15

Oh and also how do I delete a book I don't want

<useless newbie emoticon> blush

tribpot Sat 04-Jun-11 11:30:21

I only have the Kindle app for the Mac, but have you done whatever the equivalent is of 'Tools -> Sync and Check for New Items'?

For deleting, here is where my Maccy skillz suffer as I just want to right click on the book. But it seems like you select the book then go 'File -> Remove from Device'. It also seems like there's some kind of archiving option but I can't work out how that works.

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 12:20:02

Well I went on the sync thing on the kindle and it said there wasn't anything. I don't know it's like they are both 'linked' with my amazon account but not with each other (if indeed they are supposed to be?)

The weird thing is something I downloaded on the iPhone months ago (even though I deleted the app in the meantime, as I was using iBooks, but I got the kindle app again yesterday) has appeared on the kindle - yet the other things haven't. Maybe it's because they are only samples?

I could try going back on the kindle store and 'buying' them again for the kindle I guess, but obviously I wouldn't do that for a whole book as I might get charged twice...

tribpot Sat 04-Jun-11 15:32:07

Have you tried going on the Amazon website and selecting Kindle -> Manage Your Kindle?

In the list of orders, there's a drop down box by each item that says 'Deliver to' - what happens if you select the iPhone from the list of linked devices?

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 18:00:21

The samples dont show up on the orders list on there for some reason so I've just downloaded them again from the kindle

Stupid question alert - can you actually turn the kindle OFF or does it just 'sleep'?

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 18:01:56

Have managed to delete the book I wanted to as well thanks smile

tribpot Sat 04-Jun-11 19:15:01

Cheers - I don't think I really did anything useful though smile

I'm afraid the question of turning the Kindle off is beyond my powers, but it looks like it does both sleep and off.

Sukie1971 Sat 04-Jun-11 19:17:17

Yes you can turn the kindle off. Just hold the slide for a few seconds instead of letting go immediately.

ScrotalPantomime Sat 04-Jun-11 21:13:08

Right thanks smile

I'm not going to be paying for any downloads yet as I've got a few samples to read first, but I know how to manage them now.

Am rather in love with it. grin

tribpot Mon 06-Jun-11 09:26:40

I've just registered my dh's iPod to my Amazon account, the titles I'd downloaded and read were in the 'Archived' folder on the iPod's Kindle app - they downloaded in seconds, I was most impressed smile

HLSalter Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:54

If you have an iPhone I personally would recommend using iBooks instead of the kindle app. It's much easier to use, nicer to read and you can also download .epub files and drag them onto your iphone so you don't have to pay for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now