Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it too cheeky?

(5 Posts)
KemalsStilletto Wed 03-Aug-05 10:37:58

I work at a small shoe repair/key cutters shop....just me and the owner work there. I have been there 3 weeks now. The owner is going away for 2 weeks on Sunday and tomorro will be my last day with him before he goes away as I dont work Fridays or Saturdays, and another man, who just works casually when owner is away, is going to be working with me, which I am quite looking forward to meeting him.

I get paid a pittance, and I get it in my hand straight out of the till every Thursday, but would it be cheeky to ask if I can be paid in advance tomorrow for the weeks he's away or should I just leave it and probably he will tell me to take it out the till or ask man who is covering him to give it to me each week?

Hope I havent bored you all!

ilovehorses Wed 03-Aug-05 10:41:50

I would chat with him and find out what he normally does. He should pay you whilst he's away on the Thursday, if he can't he should pay you upfront, one way or the other I wouldn't see it being a major problem for you I hope.

kid Wed 03-Aug-05 10:44:54

If you mention it to him, I reckon he will get the other man to pay you on the Thursday. He might not want to pay you money upfront as you haven't been there that long.
But if I were you, I wouldn't expect to wait until he comes back for my money.

KemalsStilletto Wed 03-Aug-05 10:46:15

Lol, when I first read the very first few words of your reply I thought it said 'you should chat him up!!!' Looool....no thanks.....he's about 100 times more geeky than Eugene and Derek but together!

KemalsStilletto Wed 03-Aug-05 10:47:26

well, I do hope I get paid upfront...I really want to go out this weekend and can only do that if I get paid in advance IFYSWIM

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now