Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Part time teachers

(6 Posts)
fee77 Wed 27-Jul-05 13:37:48

Hi i have been offered a job, covering a class one day a week and wondered what sort of money i would be looking at getting - just a rough figure will do. Also it will be on contract, does this mean i get paid for the holidays? I don't want to appear too thick when i speak to the head!

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 13:55:51

depends on what scale you're already on , for instance if you have gone through the initial threshold, and any subsequent ones to that, inner/out london payments etc
I've done the 2nd threshold and am in a special school and take home over £500/month for one day
try looking at the nut's website ( teachers.org.uk ) they have a salary calculator on the site, it's pretty good
don't know about the contract and holidays though, sorry
hth

janeybops Wed 27-Jul-05 14:07:38

as hana said it depends on what sale you are on and threshold. also if in london you can add on your london weighting.
i do 2 days and get £835 a month but i do pay in extra to my pension.

fee77 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:13:33

Thanks. I have looked on nut website, i haven't done threshold, so will i just be on the mainscale? Is it then up to the head and i to decide which level? I can't believe in 2 years i have lost all my common sense!

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 14:19:15

I would imagine you'd keep the same level as you had when you stopped teaching 2 years ago, you don't go back levels if you've had a break ( that's my understanding) lots of luck, this will be my third year doing 1 day, it's been great - but I do want to do 2 now, I go back in Sept after maternity leave for 9 months, really looking forward to it

fee77 Wed 27-Jul-05 14:29:53

Thanks for your help hana, i am really looking forward to it to, but a bit scared! I know the school well though, and they are a friendly bunch - the staff that is, the kids are awful! Off to post my childcare dilemas now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now