Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I write a letter of resignation?

(9 Posts)
Smurfgirl Sat 23-Jul-05 22:04:49

I am leaving my job in 6 weeks and my manager said I have to write a letter to resign. What do I write?

I am a care assistant and I am leaving to start a nursing diploma, I am happy enough with my job I just have to leave because the hours would clash...

Hulababy Sat 23-Jul-05 22:07:08

Just write to say that you wish to inform them of your intention to resign from your employment on xxx date.

You can add other info if you wish, such as why you are leaving or, if you liked the job, to thank them or whatever for your time there.

toothyboy Sat 23-Jul-05 22:09:08

I'd say something like "It is with regret that I must resign ...", put in stuff about how much you've enjoyed the job and that you're only doing it to follow your dream etc. You never know when you're going to need to approach them for a reference, or even a job in the future!

Good luck with your studies!

milward Sat 23-Jul-05 22:09:11

Write just what you've put here - it sounds fine.

Smurfgirl Sat 23-Jul-05 22:11:01

Also. I am entitled to three days paid leave in the period of september-december. I plan to leave in early september, is it rude to ask for those three days before i leave? Maybe tagged onto my final week or something?

I could do with the money, and well I have worked my bum off and technically I am entitled to them...

Hulababy Sat 23-Jul-05 22:12:30

You may find that you are not entitled to all of those holidays, as they will be done pro rata I suspect. You need to check that out.

Smurfgirl Sat 23-Jul-05 22:14:54

I am, because its one week jan-april, two weeks april-august and one week sept=dec. I work three days so between September and December I can have 3 days, so if I was staying i could have like 1-3rd sept as annual leave if I wanted.

Smurfgirl Sat 23-Jul-05 22:16:15

Sorry thats not clear! I work 3 days a week so instead of a week I am entitled to 3 days holiday in that time period.

saadia Sat 23-Jul-05 22:20:32

In my resignation letter I added that "I wish "the Company" every success in the future".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now