Talk

Advanced search

what jobs are there that you can have your baby with you whilst you work?

(12 Posts)
juicychops Wed 20-Jul-05 14:30:27

any ideas? apart from working from home

Slink Wed 20-Jul-05 14:35:43

Working in a playgroup or some nurserys, can't think of any others.

lunavix Wed 20-Jul-05 14:38:25

own your own business

gingerbear Wed 20-Jul-05 14:39:18

when I was a baby, mum put me in my carrycot under the shopcounter in the butcher's where she worked (dont think Health and Safety would allow that these days!)
I have also been known to toddle around the tap room in the pub that mum and dad ran.

littlerach Wed 20-Jul-05 14:51:13

Nursery.

Skribble Fri 22-Jul-05 00:01:39

I want to open a shop and would love to have the kids there after school, ideal would be a big enough backroom for them to do homework etc, sigh {dream like emotion}

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 00:10:26

Message withdrawn

Skribble Fri 22-Jul-05 00:22:55

Shame I can't afford it or have the balls to take out the loan it would require. I was going to take a lease on a shop which had no storage never mind a back room but got cold feet.

Might go for a temporary let this Christmas.

Tinker Fri 22-Jul-05 00:23:07

Deliver catalogues?

Aimsmum Fri 22-Jul-05 00:25:04

Message withdrawn

BridetobeFlum Fri 22-Jul-05 00:42:39

Ones where not a lot of work gets done I would imagine. I tend to find babies a bit distracting and somewhat time consuming.

Skribble Fri 22-Jul-05 00:51:49

Sweets and or toys {child heaven}. I have a stall at the moment but only managed to get to 4 events so far this year.

Waiting for my trailer to be welded and repaired so I can do the local market every week to try and build up stock and money for Christmas shop. (DS got a sailing boat so this jumped the queue in FIL's workshop.)

I might just take the Gazebo and tables as FIL is taking ages due to operation on hand. Can't harass him to much I suppose

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: