Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's the most annnoying thing a boss has ever said to you?

(44 Posts)
ks Mon 18-Jul-05 17:36:39

Message withdrawn

soapbox Mon 18-Jul-05 17:42:13

One of mine asked 'do you need to work or do you just want to work'?!!!!

None of you business matey! I was so pissed off - can you imagine asking a man that?

Fio2 Mon 18-Jul-05 17:43:10

this is house is a complete shithole you fucking slob

kama Mon 18-Jul-05 17:45:16

Message withdrawn

ScummyMummy Mon 18-Jul-05 17:45:38

Two bosses ago one of mine looked truly horrified at the thought of me applying for a job I knew I'd be good at in the same organisation. I was livid but it turned out to have been a good thing because I realised she thought I was crap and set out to prove her wrong at another organisation. I'm so glad I was confident enough to do that rather than cower...

soapbox Mon 18-Jul-05 17:47:38

Fio2

But KS was talking about things the boss had said - surely your's only thought he was the boss

sobernow Mon 18-Jul-05 17:48:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kama Mon 18-Jul-05 17:50:01

Message withdrawn

ks Mon 18-Jul-05 17:50:25

Message withdrawn

ScummyMummy Mon 18-Jul-05 17:50:41

Wow, sobernow. What was your reply to that then?

ks Mon 18-Jul-05 17:51:36

Message withdrawn

ks Mon 18-Jul-05 17:51:52

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Mon 18-Jul-05 17:53:36

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jul-05 17:53:52

Ks, I refer you to Tosser McToss but will think about whether I've got any more, I feel sure I do. Actually, come to think of it, an ex boyfriend offered me a job once but conditionally, with the words "I'd find it very difficult to work with you if we weren't sleeping together" [shock and w*er emoticon] Oh would you now, well I don't think so matey, there's a reason you're an ex. Anyway, he was bluffing - I took the job but didn't sleep with him.

sobernow Mon 18-Jul-05 17:55:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScummyMummy Mon 18-Jul-05 17:56:56

Brilliant, sobernow! And re punishing you for telling the clear truth, I should think not indeed.

ks Mon 18-Jul-05 17:58:10

Message withdrawn

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jul-05 17:58:23

Good answer Sobernow! Ha ha, god he even sounds sweaty.

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Jul-05 17:59:08

ha ha at 'there are buses in Kensington'

bobbybob Mon 18-Jul-05 18:28:57

"nobody likes you and nobody wants to work with you"

Well, that will be why I still regularly see everyone I used to work with socially, they give me bits of work when they can, and I now have my own successful business with people queuing out the door...

Still proving him wrong was quite motivating...probably the only motivational act he has ever performed.

charliecat Mon 18-Jul-05 18:32:58

When putting a box back into a small space NOT in the way the boss usually did, she said THINK Charliecat THINK, as if I was so think I hadnt looked and saw that this box was gonna fit....
...smugly and smoothly put it in without saying a word and she hasnt questioned my putting things away skills since

charliecat Mon 18-Jul-05 18:33:52

so thick I cant spell it that should have been thick not think

TinyGang Mon 18-Jul-05 19:05:05

Years ago (office work) higher and lower grades were all pitching in to clear a paperwork backlog of something or other.

Our boss was asked what he would be able to do. He said he didn't think he should be asked to do 'menial' work as it was 'demeaning'. Not sure he realised quite what it said about the rest of us and it was his idea that everyone pitch in in the first place!

Actually, he was a very nice boss all told, but toe curlingly tactless at times

fairyfly Mon 18-Jul-05 19:05:59

Please can you wear hells and a low cut top i think the customers would appreciate it more ( i worked in a rugby club) err nope

Whizzz Mon 18-Jul-05 19:08:17

Not from my boss (which makes it worse) - A manager saying that because I do not jump to his every whim and do all the s**tty jobs that his own people can't/won't do it is a "Lack of Committment"

I work damn hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now