Talk

Advanced search

complex...WWYD?

(5 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:06:09

i started a new job within the NHS recently. i was told that when another member of staff retired i would be able to pick up another shift,(5 hours) as its part time and i needed more hours, which i was upront about from the start.

today the manager totally back tracked. offered me a poxy 2 hours extra, which is going to be spread across 4 days. am tempted to say i'll stay on the 3 days ive got which are less strewn about in terms of working days iyswim...

thing is ive just found out ive got into the police.

so - do i accept poxy hours, keep quiet and not feel so guilty when i say im leaving to pursue a full time career as a police officer?

or do i challenge it because theyve backpeddled on what they agreed on? if they start to alter things on my account then id feel really really guilty when i hand my notice in to pursue my policing....

what to do!

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:07:13

should just add that although ive got into the police, it could be a year or more before i actually get a start date....

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 06-Nov-09 23:23:30

no one....bugger! guess im on my lonesome with this one then...me and work just dont mix!

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 06-Nov-09 23:40:36

i think ill just retire until i get my start date for the police. ( i really wish i had the cash to do this!)

this is my last shameless bump...i can take a hint you know! lol

TheTerribleSpider Sat 07-Nov-09 00:39:32

First one - keep quiet until you start with the police, although I'm no expert..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now