Talk

Advanced search

Anyone work for the CRB?

(8 Posts)
reikizen Tue 03-Nov-09 17:10:32

Can I bribe you to complete my CRB checks to save my sanity and my bank balance? wink Seriously, what is the longest I may have to wait and does the CRB have any timescales it works to?

Cosette Tue 03-Nov-09 17:20:29

I don't work for the CRB - but did have to wait 5 months a couple of years ago for them to complete our Nanny's CRB check. Not sure what the problem was - it came back clear in the end..

Littlefish Tue 03-Nov-09 17:25:06

Mine came back within 3 weeks last time I had it done.

purpleturtle Tue 03-Nov-09 17:26:57

Somebody told me yesterday that the busiest period is just calming down - all new teachers checked out - so it might be okay, reikizen

reikizen Tue 03-Nov-09 17:37:59

5 months!! Oh my good god. I feel faint at the thought! It's been 4 weeks and I'm stuck at stage 4. The waiting is killing me, it seems ridiculous that it is a completely open ended timescale when most things have 'targets' these days.

twinklytoes Wed 04-Nov-09 20:17:22

raise a complaint with them. we asked a prospective employee to do this recently - we had the crb within the week.

does your employer need you to start asap. what we do - when the service needs staff asap - is submit a 24hr/36hr check with the POVAfirst database (its got a new name now. the search is for name and checks that there is nothing against the name that would compromise a vulnerable adult. if its clear and refs in then we employ under a strict risk assessment (supervision, no 1:1 access to clients, money etc.) the post doesn't become a permanent post until crb through. You can do the check once the crb form has been received.

reikizen Thu 05-Nov-09 16:15:50

Thanks for that, I will complain to them tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

cat64 Thu 05-Nov-09 16:25:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now