Talk

Advanced search

Voluntary redundancy

(5 Posts)
sincitylover Tue 03-Nov-09 11:34:30

My employer is offering vol redundancy - half a year's salary and dates of leaving into the future (up to 2012) I think.

I am not even sure if an application would be accepted from me but projecting ahead what happens re js allowance if someone takes vol redundancy and then when money has run out you can't find work.

Obviously this is the worst case scenario but
just trying to cover all eventualaties when deciding to apply.

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 04-Nov-09 10:06:57

My empolyer offered voluntary redunancy, but put that it was compulsory on the letters so that benefits were paid hmm

I thought that you had to wait 6 months if you had taken VR, but this site seems to suggest that you will be entitled either way.

The other thing to consider is if you have any payment protection insurance on mortgage or loans etc. You would need to check their terms and conditions.
<<disclaimer - not qualified in any way, please see someone who knows what they are talkng about>>

sincitylover Wed 04-Nov-09 14:28:30

Thanks Norma - I think really it's pie in the sky as I am a lp and so the breadwinner.

It's too high risk really

sincitylover Wed 04-Nov-09 14:32:33

but one can dream smile

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 04-Nov-09 15:11:25

The trick is to have a job for pretty soon after your leaving date smile

Easier said than done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now