Talk

Advanced search

Targets in a part-time job

(1 Post)
lisbey Wed 21-Oct-09 19:22:43

I am very fortunate to have a great job, which I enjoy, with fantastic flexible hours.

The job was (internally) advertised a few months ago as a full time vacancy. I asked to do it p-t and after some negotiation it was agreed that could do it on 75% hours to be spread flexibly through the year, so I can have most school hols off.

28 of these positions were created nationally (large organisation) and the others have all been filled on a full-time basis.

When I was appointed I asked how my targets would be calculated and was told pro-rata - fair enough.

However, the job basically involves being responsible for the Region's targets for my product. The Region has the same target as everywhere else and that's not going to change, but clearly if I achieve 75% (or 100% of my objective) then the Region will hugely under perform. Is there a better way to work this out?

ATM I seem to be doing a full-time job on part-time hours & pay and it's going OK, we're on target for the year end, but I feel 100% achivement for me should be considered considerably better than 100% of the same target for someone contracted for more hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now