Talk

Advanced search

employer asking for job description and personel information

(5 Posts)
Ivykaty44 Fri 16-Oct-09 20:04:06

employer asking for job description and personel information in a two sided essay to be published and given out to the public - sort of a who you are and what you do along with a who you are and where you came from.

When I say asking - it is told by email rather than a volunteer basis.

Not happy with this, as personel info not wanting to share.

There are eight of us that do the same job and I have been told we will all be told to do this.

Where do we stand?

flowerybeanbag Fri 16-Oct-09 20:06:48

What kind of personal information do they want you to provide?

Ivykaty44 Fri 16-Oct-09 20:08:28

Education, last employment, who I am a bit about "me"

flowerybeanbag Fri 16-Oct-09 20:35:52

Have you explained to your line manager that you are not happy to have information about yourself available to the public? It sounds as though they are doing this exercise for well-meaning reasons and rightly or wrongly, it probably hasn't occurred to them that anyone will object.

I would suggest you speak to your manager about your concerns, and perhaps come up with a compromise of what kind of thing you would be happy with the public seeing.

Ivykaty44 Fri 16-Oct-09 20:46:37

Thank you flowerybeanbag

I havn't said anything yet, I had seen others had done there and just asumed they had volunteered.

I have been told they want an mini autoboigraphy about everyone, that it is going to cause trouble if I say no.

So didn't have a chance to say anything this week and thought I would think about my options over the weekend before I go back in Monday.

I suppose what worried me is that mine will be different from everyone elses and this is the bit they will not like - yes a compromise would be good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now