Talk

Advanced search

Funding for higher education

(6 Posts)
Foxy800 Mon 12-Oct-09 17:34:49

Hi there,

I am currently working 3 days a week in a surestart childrens centre and have a 3.5 yr old little girl. I really want to do an open university degree to help develop my skills (currently qualified to level 3). Lo starts school in September so would be the perfect time to do further education but just dont know where to start on the funding side, there is no way my partner and I can afford the fees ourselves (nearly £4000). Can anyone help me to head in the right direction please?

flowerybeanbag Mon 12-Oct-09 18:23:34

This may help, section all about financial assistance available for adult learners.

Foxy800 Mon 12-Oct-09 18:31:10

Thank you so much for that. will have a look when lo is in bed, just popped on quickly!!!

Really want to do it so determined to find a way to afford it!!!!

Foxy800 Mon 12-Oct-09 20:04:36

THank you for that link, have had a look and not sure I will be eligable but will give them a call so thank you so much.

jomalone Wed 14-Oct-09 09:32:39

I believe the Open University provides its own financial assistance for some students too, and thats definintely worth a look - try the 'student parents' thread on mumsnet, there are people on there that will know about it.

Foxy800 Thu 15-Oct-09 08:45:51

THats great, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now