Talk

Advanced search

Pre-Employment Medical Questionaire

(6 Posts)
WidowWadman Thu 08-Oct-09 19:40:25

Questions about depression and inpatient treatment. Could a 'yes' be used as a reason to withdraw offer or otherwise be used against me?

As far as I'm concerned this is the past, and I'm not ashamed, only worried that honesty in this case might cause problems.

flowerybeanbag Thu 08-Oct-09 20:11:15

I would be very surprised if they attempted to withdraw an offer of employment on that basis. If it's in the past and dealt with you should have nothing to worry about. If/when someone ticks a yes in answer to any of the vast number of questions on these questionnaires, what the employer will be looking for either in the 'further information' box or in further conversations about the issue, will be reassurance that at this time you are fit as a fiddle, raring to go and are not likely to have huge amounts of time off.

bristols Thu 08-Oct-09 20:15:43

I recently had to declare PND on an occ health pre employment questionnaire.

I had an appointment with the nurse when we discussed my medication, how I am getting on, how it affects me on a daily basis (it doesn't) and she passed me as fit for the job.

I suppose it does depend what the job is, though, but there are probably legal guidelines they have to follow in order to withdraw an offer on the basis of health.

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Oct-09 20:20:09

My employer (last public sector) use pre-employement medical questionnaires. They use them to assess what they are taking on, any special needs, and for the pension provider. They don't use them to withdraw an offer of employment. Not sure that they could since the questionnaires are not done until the offer stage, not the interview stage. The last question on our is "Are you pregnant ?" - and are true to job offers even when the answer is "yes".

WidowWadman Thu 08-Oct-09 21:46:21

Thanks

BikeRunSki Thu 08-Oct-09 22:37:49

D'Oh. "Large", not "Last" public sector, although if David Cameron get in....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now