Talk

Advanced search

Think I am about to lose my job....

(3 Posts)
Julezboo Thu 08-Oct-09 17:26:46

Hi all,

I wont go into huge details because I would be here all day.

A brief summary.

- been here 20 months now
- was employed as a group PA
- recent restructure of the company was told my role was being made redundant and the only other possible role for me would be customer services (for a company who gets a lot of complaints!)
- In the end the FD requested me as his PA and the Big boss told me "for 3 months and then things will pan out"
- I enquired about other PA roles within the company as there is now 3 MD's, chairman and an FD - was told there isn't any.
- Except there is, I am now training 3 different people up to do my role, two who joined the company after me and one who has been newly employed.

I can see my workload disappearing before my eyes and I am so down about it.

Can they legally make my role redundant only to give 3 other people my role? And then ask me to train them? The way things are looking I will be out of a job by xmas. One of the girls (who I have absolutely nothing against)Only joined the company 3 months ago, the other 6 months ago and the 3rd is starting next week.

Please give me advice. Although I am looking for work elsewhere I love my job, I am good at it. The MD's weren't made aware that I ws available and have since pulled me in to apologise. Whilst the BB told me there were no other PA roles going?! All seems a bit underhand to me..

Tortington Thu 08-Oct-09 17:28:15

phone acas - as you have been there over 12 months you should have some rights.

flowerybeanbag Thu 08-Oct-09 20:17:49

I'm going to drop you an email julezboo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now