Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Leave - relocation

(2 Posts)
Ferdybird Mon 05-Oct-09 16:33:09

My company has relocated its office whilst I am on Maternity leave. They have given me the option to go with them on my return or take redundancy now. I dont believe it is fair that they can cut my company maternity leave short and make me redundant. Should'nt my redundancy start on my return from Maternity? Other collegues will receive the same redundancy package as I but are and have been in a position to search for work for the last 10 wks! As a working Mum this time off is very special to me and at present I am not able to relax and enjoy my beautiful new baby!

flowerybeanbag Mon 05-Oct-09 19:28:29

If they have relocated now, then I can't see any problem with them offering you the option of relocation or redundancy now, the same as everyone else tbh. They need to communicate with you as they do everyone else about the options open to you, and if you decide to opt for redundancy and confirm that you don't want to relocate, then there's no reason that can't take effect now.

If you have been receiving SMP you will continue to receive it for the full 39 weeks even if your employment ends anyway. It's only anything over and above SMP that you will lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now