Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me word an email requesting an application form?

(5 Posts)
paranoidandconfused Tue 29-Sep-09 12:13:56

I have just seen the perfect job advertised for me.

It asks youto email requesting further info or an application pack but I'm no sure how to word it so am seeking advice as this will be the first impression I make and I want it to be good!

Do I put my address on the email or not? Do I offer any info about myself or save that for when I apply?

Thanks in advance grin

Blackduck Tue 29-Sep-09 12:16:19

Simply email to say that you would like the application form/further particulars for the post of 'blah' and put your full postal address as well incase they don't email forms....

Mamazon Tue 29-Sep-09 12:16:29

It will probably be an admin assistant that gets the email and just pops the application in the post.

Just a brief.

I am interetsed in applying ofr the position of XXXXX please could you forward me any relevant information for my application please.

BlingLoving Tue 29-Sep-09 12:18:36

You want to say why you want it, without applying,

Dear Sir/Madam/Name of person ,

I see from [insert where you saw the advert] that you are requesting applications for a position as [insert]. As a [insert] with xx years experience, I believe I am well qualified for this position and would love the opportunity to apply.

Please send me an application form either to this email address [insert for convenience] or by post to [insert address].

I look forward to the opportunity to discuss this role with you further in due course.

Kind regards,
Paranoidandconfused

[insert telephone number]

paranoidandconfused Tue 29-Sep-09 12:38:06

Brilliant thanks everyone

Will probably be asking for CV help next lol grin

I have actually been working in a completely different kind of job since I had my lo's but now feel it;s time to do something that will benefit me in the future or that I can gain more opportunities in so not really oo sure what to mention with regards to experience lol, but I'll jump that bridge when I come to it

Thanks again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now