Talk

Advanced search

How many months inbetween jobs for NHS can still be continuous?

(6 Posts)
Belgianchocolates Fri 25-Sep-09 13:45:51

I'll make this a little clearer. I'm currently employed by a trust and am on maternity leave, but I have moved to the other side of the country and have a job waiting for me where I live now. I need to hand in my notice, so I was wondering if I have e.g. 2 months between finishing the one job (even though I wont go back due to maternity leave) and being able to start the next one, I would loose the benefit of having been in continuous employment with the NHS.
Does anyone know the anser? I'm not quite sure how it would work. Surely with CRB checks and all that not all transitions between jobs are smooth and there is often some sort of gap between finishing one and starting another position?

flowerybeanbag Fri 25-Sep-09 14:02:55

I assume you will have taken your full year maternity leave and won't be able to start your new job until 2 months after that ends?

Have a look at Agenda for Change terms and conditions, might help you.

twustemployee Fri 25-Sep-09 14:13:29

I am a trust employee, I handed in my notice today and will start my new one in a month grin

I THINK you can have a 6 month gap in which you can come back etc after leaving.

themoon66 Fri 25-Sep-09 14:27:28

I'm pretty sure it's six months.

Belgianchocolates Fri 25-Sep-09 22:02:08

Thanks everyone. That was very helpful and a bit of a relief too. smile

Millarkie Fri 25-Sep-09 22:12:25

I thought it was a lot less than that - do check Agenda for Change - there's definitely something in the new redundancy package (we have just gone through a round of redundancies so I read it quite recently).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now