Talk

Advanced search

What job can I do for 6-8 weeks that fits around children?

(7 Posts)
reikizen Mon 14-Sep-09 17:21:24

Will be starting work as a midwife grin in 6-8 weeks but don't know what kind of work I can practically do in the interim? Any ideas? I have one child at nursery and one in primary school/

LuluMaman Mon 14-Sep-09 17:22:51

oooh, how exciting ! which hospital?

what about ironing? dog walking?

reikizen Mon 14-Sep-09 17:30:09

Either Salford Royal or St Mary's in Manchester (fingers crossed). Ironing made me laugh as I haven't done any for years but could do it if I was getting paid. I wonder how I would find out about stuff like that?

bidibidi Mon 14-Sep-09 17:30:59

Could you not get agency work as a filler/supply MW in the meantime?

reikizen Mon 14-Sep-09 17:36:59

No, not as a newly qualified midwife. You must get a PIN number and new CRB check done, which is why I won't be starting for 6 or so weeks.

bidibidi Mon 14-Sep-09 19:11:37

Gotcha. I hope your CRB comes thru in time?!
What about some volunteer work (or do you need the money?). Like in a charity shop or digging out a wildlife pond. I would suggest visiting housebound elderly people or walking their dogs as charity work, but you probably need a CRB for those things too!

LuluMaman Tue 15-Sep-09 07:53:24

that;s fantastic.. sorry did not reply last night..you could phone up other ironing services to get an idea of what they charge or look in the local paper at adverts and see what they charge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now