Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need your advice re suitable clothes...

(13 Posts)
Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 18:19:09

Idea's required for smart causual wear for new job, want to feel comfortable but look smart help..

starlover Thu 02-Jun-05 18:20:17

I got a really nice pair of black trousers from Next with a faint pinstripe, and some pretty blouses.

all very comfy, and smart... but not TOO smart!

ambrosia Thu 02-Jun-05 18:21:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Enid Thu 02-Jun-05 18:24:44

M and S black trousers. Scoop necked t's from jigsaw or similar with a good necklace and decent pair of shoes. Clean hair and a bit of make up.

Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 18:59:51

Thanks ladies, what type of top for someone who has a spare tyre and a big belly? one that goes below the tummy or cuts it across?

tamum Thu 02-Jun-05 19:03:09

A question close to my heart (the belly bit). They always say in fashion articles that you should go for cross-over cardis (like ballet ones) to conceal a bit tummy. I haven't been convinced enough to try, but thought I would share it with you! I always like those cardigans made of fabric like thermal vests with a bit of lace or velvet trimming on for smart casual. They do lots in Jigsaw.

Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 19:09:28

I know the sort you mean but honestly dont see myself in something like that as my arms are not my best feature...sounding like a beached whale now....big tum, big arms, big thighs, big is beautiful flared black pants and shoes not a problem, tops, well not much up top if you know what I mean, very small chest really to the rest of me so need a top that helps balance me up...

tamum Thu 02-Jun-05 19:12:10

Maybe a flared smock style top? Smock's not the right word, I don't mean like a milkmaid, but a kind of empire line and then fuller below that. Oh I am so crap at describing stuff like this. A short kaftan-y tunic?

Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 19:14:24

pmsl... tamum I think I would look like a parisian artist... or a tent designer...

tamum Thu 02-Jun-05 19:15:43

Maybe you could accessorise with a nice floppy beret? And a string of onions?

Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 19:16:32

anyone got a bike?

Mothernature Thu 02-Jun-05 19:48:33

Where can I get those candy stripped gathered shirts from?

SuperNannyUK Fri 03-Jun-05 00:01:39

what about a nice shirt or something like this tunictunic

or perhaps a nice kaftan style tunic like this one tunic

or maybe a smart shirt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now