Advanced search

If you are off work sick for so long that you go onto half pay...

(10 Posts)
Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 11:45:40

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Thu 02-Jun-05 11:46:41

Incapacity benefit? Increase in tax credits?

Your CAB or Advice Shop should be able to help you.

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 11:50:38

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Thu 02-Jun-05 11:56:05

how about this:

entitled to

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:22:15

Message withdrawn

WigWamBam Thu 02-Jun-05 15:49:46

As far as I know, you can claim sickness benefit, and if the sickness is long-term then you go on to incapacity benefit, for which your illness will need to be assessed by the DSS doctors.

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:59:02

Message withdrawn

Prufrock Fri 03-Jun-05 20:18:55

They have to pay you Statutory Sick Pay for 26 weeks - I'm not sure what the amount is, but it's not very much, and your employer can claim it back from teh govt.

Aimsmum Fri 03-Jun-05 20:27:51

Message withdrawn

annh Fri 03-Jun-05 21:35:47

You won't get it on top of your half pay. SSP comes into force when you stop being paid sick pay from your company so IIRC, you are getting five weeks full pay, five weeks half and than onto SSP which as someone else said is not much - I THINK something under 70 pounds a week.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: