Talk

Advanced search

OK I know this sounds really daft but what do you write when handing in your notice?

(4 Posts)
Sidge Wed 02-Sep-09 15:59:36

A little premature of me maybe, but I have a job interview on Friday and am hoping to get it and so had in my notice ASAP (nothing like a bit of positivity!)

Anyway I've never had to hand in my notice before and would have no idea how to go about it. Do you just write a letter to your manager? Do you copy it to HR? What do you need to include?

Thanks in advance smile

Thingiebob Wed 02-Sep-09 16:19:58

Dear (whoever)

Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from the post of _____

My last day of work will be __________

I have enjoyed working at _______ and would like to thank you for the support and training you have given me during my employment.

Sincerely

PrincessToadstool Wed 02-Sep-09 16:20:55

I was so brief. I wrote:
Please consider this email as my notice of resignation. In accordance with my contact I am giving one month's notice and my last day of work will be Wednesday 2nd September.
Kind regards
PT

My manager, and her manager were off, so it sent it to the next person up, and emailed the other two to let them know - as I wanted to begin my notice period immediately.

I just finished today

Good luck with the interview

Sidge Wed 02-Sep-09 23:23:29

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now