Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Still not received money awarded from Employment Tribunal in March.

(5 Posts)
talking Fri 28-Aug-09 20:16:29

I went to an Employment Tribunal in March as my former employer did not pay me holiday pay nor give me a written statement of terms and conditions of employment (my union paid my legal fees).

The solicitor has now lodged the award with the County Court for enforcement proceedings.

I have asked her twice what this means, and she hasn't responded. Can anyone tell me what enforcement measures can be taken?

(Employer also didn't pay my deducted tax to the Inland Revenue, so I blew the whistle on them grin.)

talking Sat 29-Aug-09 11:46:40

Bump (please).

edam Sat 29-Aug-09 11:51:44

Perhaps she's applying to have bailiffs appointed? Think court-appointed bailiffs have power to seize property which can then be sold.

Do check whether they paid your national insurance, too - if you are left with a hole in your contribution record it could affect your entitlement to benefits or the state pension.

talking Sat 29-Aug-09 12:03:49

NI and tax weren't paid.
The tax office said that i had opened "a can of worms". I think tax office carried out an investigation - going by what they said to me verbally.

edam Sat 29-Aug-09 12:05:32

Check it won't affect your entitlement to NI-related benefits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now