Talk

Advanced search

Another Job role being forced....

(9 Posts)
Julezboo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:28:57

Brief history, I started working for the company June 2008. So been there over a year. They have decided to restrcuture. There will now bea number of different MD's with assistant directors, who will all need PA's (my job)

Except I wont be having one of these jobs, they are telling me they are moving me to a role i have no experience in, complaints and stuffing envelopes effectively. I have been crying on and off all day. I love my job, it;s what I do, it's what I am good at

Do I have any rights here, or should i start looking elsewhere?

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 27-Aug-09 19:31:11

oh you poor thing
Think any rights you have depends on your contract - why are the people who are getting the PA jobs getting them over you? Surely there should be a competitive interview? (Unless they all fit the job role better somehow?)
Sorry, not sure how much of this is employment law and how much relates to my own contract. Will the new job have the same pay?

Julezboo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:33:59

Thanks, it will be the same pay and there are PA role's going but they want to bring outside people in...

They will need to be trained on the system that I have help build and they will expect me to do it, it's my job. I am the only PA in the company who takes minutes etc. I was kind of like the group PA rather than to one director. Only 3 directors have their own PA so the others used me, inc the MD who is stepping down.

I just feel totally mistreated. I have turned down the role they are offering before and I think they know I wont be happy with it so I will resign, I dunno.

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 27-Aug-09 19:41:52

hmm
sounds a bit dodgy!
Bumping for someone with more knowledge

Julezboo Thu 27-Aug-09 19:47:15

Thanks Ladystealth!

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 06:38:42

bump again - my threadkilling ways are as sharp as they used to be

Julezboo Fri 28-Aug-09 06:44:34

Thanks Lady, I am actually dreading going into work today for the first time ever

Julezboo Fri 28-Aug-09 14:12:55

Just wanted to update. I came to work this morning and spoke to another director who has requested me as their PA solely and I had a conversation after this from another director who said had he known I wanted a PA role he would have had me so I have two opportunities now

LadyStealthPolarBear Fri 28-Aug-09 15:05:10

Fantastic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now