Talk

Advanced search

superannuation during unpaid leave?

(4 Posts)
lal123 Tue 18-Aug-09 11:15:35

As part of the bumph sent to me from employers (NHS) I have a mandate re authorising "deduction of superannualtion contributions for the period of unpaid leave". I can either pay in one lump sum or over 3 months. No information given in writing re this nad when I called about it the woman couldn't really explain it.... Anyway - does anyone know about this? Can I choose not to pay superannuation for my unpaid leave?

Thanks

RibenaBerry Tue 18-Aug-09 12:58:36

Could you explain this a bit more. Does it mean your own contributions (rather than your employers)? If so, it depends on the rules of the pension scheme what you can do about stopping/starting your own contributions. Most will let you stop your contributions when you stop being paid, carry on throughout or stop totally for maternity leave. Others offer more flexibility still.

lal123 Tue 18-Aug-09 13:04:53

my own contributions I think. I've had a look at the SPPA site re NHS pension scheme but can't fins anything I can make sene of.

RibenaBerry Tue 18-Aug-09 13:09:05

That would make sense. I'd call the superannuation people (or get HR to!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now