Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Career break - National Insurance contributions

(3 Posts)
MrsDinky Thu 06-Aug-09 18:59:54

I'm about to be made redundant and am planning to stay at home for a year or so till my youngest starts school. I have around 20 years NICs so far (am early 40s), and I think you need 30 to get a full pension, so I'm on track, but wondered if I should pay them voluntarily whilst not working, and if so how much do you have to pay?

lou031205 Thu 06-Aug-09 19:19:39

You get Home Responsibilities Protection with Child Benefit 691

MrsDinky Fri 07-Aug-09 19:01:21

Thank you, that's helpful to know. I am going to have to watch the pennies so that's one less thing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: