Talk

Advanced search

Bonus entitlement ?

(6 Posts)
babysmamma Mon 20-Jul-09 20:09:54

Hi - hopefully a quickie - I'm just about to start my maternity leave and enquired how my bonus would be calculated - this was now 2 months ago and i havent heard back yet. I am going to follow up again (its normally paid in Jan)
I've heard (via a third party) that it is being reviewed ??? - can this be withheld because i am taking maternity leave or does this constitute discrimination - I dont want anything that i'm not 'entitled' to and woudl be happy even if this was based on a 'pro-rata' basis but i wont be best pleased if it's withheld all together
any thoughts/ experience

OnceWasSquiffy Tue 21-Jul-09 10:57:10

check back the recent threads on here to one called something like 'is this discrimination?' - it covers bonuses...

OnceWasSquiffy Tue 21-Jul-09 10:58:26

here

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 21-Jul-09 11:09:14

Check your contract.

babysmamma Tue 21-Jul-09 13:51:58

Hi thanks for teh responses - its not stipulated in my contract (and we dont have an employee handbook) will wait and see what the outcome is (if i get one any time this century) and then take it from there. :-)

annh Tue 21-Jul-09 14:03:47

What is the bonus normally based on? Is it overall company performance or your individual performance?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now