Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Child sick - is this unpaid leave?

(8 Posts)
dodi Mon 16-May-05 17:12:10

My DS was sick last week and I had the day off. My HR dept have just told me that I have to take this as unpaid. Is this right? I'm sure I've read somewhere otherwise??

Cheers

hunkermunker Mon 16-May-05 17:13:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

flum Mon 16-May-05 17:13:54

I always take it as unpaid. Unless I have lots of holiday left. Bit tight on employer otherwise - he doesn't employ your child.

dodi Mon 16-May-05 17:16:26

Thanks All, guess it's unpaid then!

Hulababy Mon 16-May-05 17:21:09

I think different places have different polcies. I get 3 days leave of absence a year, paid, to use when my child is ill. Rest of time would have to be taken as a holiday or unpaid.

When I was teaching it was longer than that as paid leave.

Libb Mon 16-May-05 17:23:57

We are the same as Hulababy - 3 days. 2 of which I have used already thanks to various lurgies and the dreaded conjunctivitis.

Mosschops30 Mon 16-May-05 17:30:09

Message withdrawn

Tanzie Tue 17-May-05 16:29:52

I take it from my annual leave. And my boss still bitches about "people who have children are never there - it's always half term or the child is sick or something." I get 8 weeks leave a year (actually, it's 10 as I get paid leave over Christmas and New Year as well which doesn't come off my entitlement) and can never take it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now