Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy- can i say no to this?

(4 Posts)
SpinyNorman Thu 02-Jul-09 15:47:21

I am being made redundant and have been on maternity leave for the last 10 months. They have sent me a letter with details of redundancy pay etc. and it also says:

"You will have acrued 13.5 days holiday that you won?t have taken so we request that you take 10 days of these during your notice period, and we will pay you the additional 3.5 days."

Are they allowed to request that? And can i say no and ask for full holiday pay? Not sure how it all works. Thanks smile

RibenaBerry Thu 02-Jul-09 17:41:11

Are you still on maternity leave and will you be throughout your notice period? If so, you can't be made to take holiday (because you are on maternity leave IYSWIM). If your notice period is longer than three months (so would overlap the end of maternity leave), let me know because it gets slightly less clear...

SpinyNorman Fri 03-Jul-09 21:56:55

Sorry, have only just been able to get back to the PC, yes i am still on maternity leave, was planning to take 12 months. I just dont see how they can ask me to take 10 days hol when the office i used to work in doesn't even exist anymore grin

flowerybeanbag Sat 04-Jul-09 15:27:11

I suspect it's a standard letter and they haven't thought it through. Will you remain on maternity leave throughout your notice period?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now