Talk

Advanced search

How do you end a powerpoint presentation?

(11 Posts)
nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 01-Jul-09 09:46:43

I have to do an inservice training session tomorrow morning, and so far i'm on track.
My powerpoint slides are done.
My notes are done.
My handouts are done.

But how do you end it without fizzling out or just saying, all done, move along now, nothing to see here?

We're having cake and coffee afterwards as I'm also leaving my job. Can i end it with a thankyou to the team?

Any ideas welcome although i would like to avoid performing a burlesque number or a song.

TIA

flowerybeanbag Wed 01-Jul-09 09:54:53

If I'm training using Powerpoint my last slide is a bit of a summary, key points to remember sort of thing. Then because at the beginning of the session I always ask if there are any particular things people want covered, I go back to that list and make sure everyone's happy we did cover them. Then I ask if there are any further questions. Then in your position I'd probably say 'time for cake then!'

You could say thank you to the team, definitely.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jul-09 09:56:32

Can't you put a big text box on the last slide, with 'thank you' in a huge font?

Then just talk over it by expressing your thanks to the team.

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 01-Jul-09 09:56:51

thank you.

CMOTdibbler Wed 01-Jul-09 10:00:21

I have a penultimate slide with a summary, then a final one with 'Thank you for your time and attention - any questions ?'

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 01-Jul-09 10:03:50

DO NOT haveas your last slide (a) a joke (usually business themed, oh my aching sides) or (b) a funny picture of an elephant clambered on top of a mini with the caption 'thinking outside the box' or something.

The amount of times I have had to sit there and fake laugh at these things after presentations. It's excrutiating.

I agree with others that 'Thank you - any questions' is perfect.

Blackduck Wed 01-Jul-09 10:06:19

A final thought? Depends what you session is on but if you can encapsulate it in a final thought/statement? and then thank you and farewell (as you are leaving)

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 01-Jul-09 10:13:55

blush good heads up on the cartoon idea.
i did try to find one but as my presentation is about dementia, all the cartoons were really not funny/appropriate and actually negate everything i'm trying to say about people with dementia.

I think i'll also include a bit about where to get more information if they are interested.

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 01-Jul-09 10:17:40

Ok i've added a note to ask for questions, and a 'Further reading' slide and a 'thankyou' slide.

BreevandercampLGJ Wed 01-Jul-09 10:27:27

As you are having coffee and cake afterwards, I would flash up an image similar to this and say coffee is now served.

Coffee and cake

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 01-Jul-09 10:30:30

Hmm, that cake and coffee might make them a bit miserable if they see the offerings actually there.
Not a bad plan though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now