Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

FAO T.A's, Childcare practitioners, Assessors or anyone with up to date NVQ Childcare knowledge-HELP!

(9 Posts)
cheeset Mon 22-Jun-09 19:46:08

I am a qualified Level 2 Teaching Assistant currently working in an Early Years setting temporarily. I'm really enjoying working with younger children but I'm not sure which setting I want to work in long-term. I want to aim for a level 3 qualification but is there an NVQ level 3 I can do to cover both settings?

cheeset Mon 22-Jun-09 20:09:55


cheeset Mon 22-Jun-09 20:53:22

Mr Bump

Aeschylus Tue 23-Jun-09 10:28:13

my DW is a college lecturer in childcare, if you are happy to wait until she gets home I will ask her

cheeset Wed 24-Jun-09 16:59:41

Thanks Aeschylus, that would be great!smile

Aeschylus Wed 24-Jun-09 18:22:37

yes there is...

it is Chrildrens Care Learning and Developement Lvl 3 NVQ.

you can do this in any childcare setting up to chrildren age 16.

if you do have a preference it has optional units which are more specific...

you need some supervisory responsibilities and over 18...

hope that makes sense, as it is way over my head

nannynick Wed 24-Jun-09 19:04:25

You should check whatever course you consider doing against The Qualifications List for Those Delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage as that list will be used by the childcare regulator to determine if your qualification is suitable for working with young children. Some of the CCLD courses are not meeting the mandatory requirements... I would have thought that future courses will meet the requirements, but do check with course providers that the course does not meet EYFS requirements.

Sarahlou8 Sat 27-Jun-09 19:18:11

What Aeschylus said.

I completed my NVQ3 in CCLD as it is called, and am now qualified to work as a TA or in any early years setting. I work with 2-4 year olds in a pre-school.

You can tailor the qualification to your current place and add to it if you need to at a later date.

Hope this helps! smile

cheeset Wed 01-Jul-09 19:52:34

Im so confused now!I have been offered a course called CCLD Technical Certificate level 3, is this recognised and accredited? Help! hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: