Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else find they hate their job somedays because of a colleague?

(5 Posts)
LolaTheShowgirl Thu 11-Jun-09 12:48:39

There is one colleague in my immediate team and when I work with her, it's hell.

We barely speak for the 3/4/5 hour shift we're on. Maybe it's because we have nothing in common. I tried speaking and making conversation but she gives one word answers. She is also quite abrupt. She is not like this with any of the other staff. It's starting to affect my work performance now and I find that because i'm scheduled to work with her for a few days next week, i'll be worrying about it on my days off.

curlygal Thu 11-Jun-09 18:42:21

Poor you sad that sounds horrible.

The people you work with can make all the difference to how you feel at work I find.

I've worked with some total horrors in my time. I had to work in an office with one other woman who I was meant to be supervising and she just made my work life hell.

Will there be other staff there next week when you are working with her?

20yearsofboredom Thu 11-Jun-09 18:43:16

do you talk to her about free range chickens lola wink

LolaTheShowgirl Thu 11-Jun-09 22:46:55

curlygal, it's awful, isn't it?

20yearsofboredom, lololol! No, fortunately for her, I do not but I do talk about my chicken welfare protests to all the rest of the artyfarty chicken loving types They must think i'm a loon!

supersalstrawberry Thu 11-Jun-09 22:51:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now