Talk

Advanced search

Do I have the right to see my skills matrix?

(3 Posts)
zisforzebra Tue 09-Jun-09 15:32:24

I work in a team of three, due to a company restructure, two of the positions are being made redundant and one person will be kept. sad This is going to be decided by a skills matrix. Do I have the right to see MY skills matrix?

When this has been done in other centres within our company, the people have been told they can't see their own results. Is this legal?

There are 13 other people in another department in the same situation and I've been appointed as a representative in the 'consultation period' and they're all asking the same question so any help would be greatly appreciated.

RibenaBerry Tue 09-Jun-09 16:44:40

There are concerns about respecting the privacy of the other people in the pool, but as a general rule of thumb, you should be able to see at least the skills matrix and your own scores. You would normally expect to be able to see anonymous scores for others in the pool, but sometimes with very small pools (e.g. two or three) in can be reasonable not to do that.

The basic legal argument is that a person cannot realistically give feedback on their selection unless they know why they were selected and how far away they were from a safe score.

zisforzebra Thu 11-Jun-09 20:42:51

Thanks RibenaBerry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now