Talk

Advanced search

help please on appraisal following time off for depression

(2 Posts)
whiskersonkittens Mon 08-Jun-09 22:39:00

I have just gone back to work following 4 weeks off with depression / stress. The appraisal deadline passed whilst I was out of the office and I am now being pressured to complete it ASAP i.e provide a detailed 'self assessment' including the problems etc that happened leading up to me being signed off

I feel pressurised into accepting 'responsibility' for these problems in my appraisal form and acknowledge that I am working towards dealing with them. I do not yet feel ready to do this as it is still early days in my rehabilitation. I have explained this to management but they are very keen for it to be 'signed off' as it is the only 'blip' on otherwise perfect stats.

Can anyone please advise me on what I could do to avoid appearing difficult but not have to undergo the stress of committing everything into this document before I have really come to terms with a lot of it?

LoveBeingAMummy Tue 09-Jun-09 07:27:51

Whiskers, from what you have said so far I do not see how you can get out of this, also why would you want to? Surely this is part of helping your employer to understand what happen and how to help you? Can I ask what you have to come to terms with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now