Talk

Advanced search

So if you wind up leaving your job under a constructive dismissal situation, what do you do about legal fees / claiming wages etc etc ?

(4 Posts)
puffylovett Mon 08-Jun-09 12:30:38

Have emailed the CAB but pending a response.

To outline - am 26 wks preg. I work parttime 2 days pw and 2 sats per mth for a comp healthcare place. They've just written asking me to reduce my hours to 1 day pw and 1 sat due to the decline in sales and the need to cover my maternity leave.

ACAS say they cannot do this & if I refuse I culd have a claim for constructive dismissal.

Obviously that's a scary idea, firstly because if they give me 4 wks notice to change my contract & I refuse, I will be out of a job. So what happens at that point ? Thats my worry !

Obvsiouly I'm about to have a negotiatory meeting with them on wednesday. But a bit worried about the whole possibel unknown in 4 weeks time hanging over my head ! Particularly in view of us being up to our ears in college debt & DC2 due Sept sad

I'd Appreciate any comments !

puffylovett Mon 08-Jun-09 12:31:38

(MANY apologies for the spelling ! I didn't preview and my nails are too long.... obstructing typing Grrrr)

LeninGrad Mon 08-Jun-09 17:07:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

puffylovett Mon 08-Jun-09 21:21:32

Not as far as I'm aware. This time around I've been there for 1.5 years, as I had worked there previously but resigned while on maternity leave due to the stress and pressure I was under to go back early.

I do totally see where they are coming from, as a small business its a very difficult position to be in. The others haven't been asked to do this, its just me as far as Im aware ! But there is only 4 staff members ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now