Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

JUST BEEN MADE REDUNDANT - QUESTION??!!

(11 Posts)
Mandymoo Mon 09-May-05 22:37:27

Hi - have been made redundant and was just wondering........

I have been with company for 8 yrs (6yrs full time and 2 yrs part time when had baby). On what basis will my payment be calculated?? Will they take my full time salary into account or will it just be my current part time salary??

Just want to know what i'm entitled to. Many thanks X

Thomcat Mon 09-May-05 22:39:01

Don't know the answer but just wanted to say sorry, hope you find something else soon and hope it turns out to be the best thing that ever happened to you, it was to me, TC x

joash Mon 09-May-05 22:41:31

Legally - it's based on your current pay.

Mandymoo Mon 09-May-05 22:41:40

Thanks Thomcat - it was a relief to be honest as have had no work to do for ages and it was getting me down. Began to feel like a second class citizen for daring to only work 2 days a week!! AM looking for something else but obviously need to know where i stand re: redundancy payment. Thanks for your kind words XX

joash Mon 09-May-05 22:42:00

but it often depends on how nice your employer is - some go above what's required (but not many).

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 22:42:06

go to dwp site, think they can calculate it for you.
or even c.a.b??

Mandymoo Mon 09-May-05 22:42:34

Thanks Joash - kind of thought that TYPICAL!!!!!!
Oh well better than nothing I suppose!! Thanks X

joash Mon 09-May-05 22:43:19

have a look at this

Mandymoo Mon 09-May-05 22:44:05

Thanks Evesmama - has just gone on there and used the calculator thing. XX

Mandymoo Mon 09-May-05 22:47:25

Thanks everyone - very helpful. Thats why I love this site - you get immediate response. Appreciate it XX

Evesmama Mon 09-May-05 22:49:04

well hope its told you what you wanted to hear too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now