Talk

Advanced search

cv question

(5 Posts)
wahwah1270 Fri 05-Jun-09 10:55:49

i gav up my lucrative contract role last july to have dd.

i am now looking for new similar roles. but havent had any success even for jobs much lower level than my previous. i am now starting to wonder if this is due in part to the explanation i felt i should put on my cv, that i'd left to have dd. what should i do, take it off?

trixymalixy Fri 05-Jun-09 13:05:08

I have just attended a CV workshop as I am about to be made redundant before I go on mat leave.

I asked how I should present this on my CV. They said not to put it on my CV, but to explain in my covering letter that i was returning to work after taking a career break to have children.

HTH

wahwah1270 Fri 05-Jun-09 15:39:39

Thanks Trixy

Singstar Fri 05-Jun-09 17:41:18

As a former recruitment consultant I would say put it in your personal statement at top of your CV as well on your covering letter as if you're sending your CV to recruitment consultants, covering letters often get lost/not read. You don't have to make a big deal out of it but if you don't mention it it will leave a question and sometimes a future employer/lazy recruitment consultant won't take the time to ask the question and just move on to the next applicant.

wahwah1270 Tue 09-Jun-09 18:19:53

i'm getting very fed up with recruitment consultants in the finance industry right now. i only apply for jobs where i have the relevant skills and yet i keep getting response that i dont have relevant experience. what am i doing wrong, am getting v frustrated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now