Talk

Advanced search

Who do you think is in the right?

(9 Posts)
ilovemy2babies Wed 03-Jun-09 20:03:23

Here's a problem that is happening in my workplace at the moment, who do you think is right?

Person A
Person A is a full time member of staff, they have been with the company for 2 years There has been several problems with person A - jobs not done properly, been untidy and leaving their mess for some one else to tidy up and not following simple instrutions.This person is been monitored by the management due to poor performance and if a job isnt done properly needs to be asked why. Person A likes to go over the management and if a job is given to another member of the team from the management she tell the person to do something else - possibly to get them into trouble.

Person B
Person B is a full time duty manager but at the moment due to another manager been off sick person b is manager. Person b has been told to keep an eye on person a due to poor perfomance at work and if jobs are not done correctly to ask person a why. Person b leaves lists of jobs to do for people on her day off but person a ignores the list and tells people what to do herself.

Person a has now told person b that she feels person b has something against her and treats her differently to everyone else and puts all the blame on her. She says that person b does not handle situations well and that she makes her feel she want to leave her job.

Who do you think is in the right?

bigchris Wed 03-Jun-09 20:05:55

well it's quite obvious that you are person b

as you are temporary manager I wouldnt worry too much

your usual manager knows person a is crap

Hassled Wed 03-Jun-09 20:10:29

It's not as simple as right or wrong. I'm guessing you're Person B, and it does sound like a nightmare. But equally, Person A is probably telling the truth when she says Person B makes her feel like she wants to leave the job - it must seem like constant spying/checking up/different treatment, and that probably won't help her performance or attitude. The fact it's not actually Person B's fault would be irrelevant from her point of view.

Best scenario is that Persons A and B are separated and Person A is given extensive retraining.

ilovemy2babies Wed 03-Jun-09 20:10:47

how did u guess chris?

ilovemy2babies Wed 03-Jun-09 20:23:05

Hassled - i feel terrible the last thing i wanted was for this person to feel like this,but they have hurt my feelings aswell by making me feel useless at my job and also going around telling everyone i have it in for her. I dont want her to feel unhappy in her job but im just trying to do mine and i feel shes treating me like this because she already knew she was in trouble so now shes trying to put blame on me.

I know im her manager but i have feeling to and it upsets me wen someone makes me feel small.

Hassled Wed 03-Jun-09 20:27:06

This isn't going to resolve itself - you need to talk to your manager and explain how it's all making you feel, and how what they're asking you to do isn't working (from either your POV or Person A's POV). Just be calm, polite but persistent - give examples if you can of when she's ignored you etc. Good luck.

ilovemy2babies Wed 03-Jun-09 20:28:36

i feel like such a failure at my job i just want to quit it

Hassled Wed 03-Jun-09 20:34:41

Don't quit - look elsewhere, and find something better . But your management might be able to resolve it - try that first.

ilovemy2babies Wed 03-Jun-09 20:41:51

i hope so im so worried last thingi wanted was to make someone feel like this i feel like such a horrible person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now