Talk

Advanced search

I haven't been paid for 5 months - advice please

(7 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Fri 29-May-09 12:43:48

I started in January. There was a delay on my contract, got it in March. Posted it back immediately but wasn't stamped as 'received' til 3rd April as it was 'holiday time' for people. So missed April's pay date. They assured me it would be all in the end of May's paydate.

It's the end of May and I've definitely not been paid - I've called and left a message as there is no one there.

Should I be doing anything else? hmm

When I called in April she had all my documents and said it would be definitely there by the last working day in May.

clumsymum Fri 29-May-09 12:52:04

Does your contract state when you will be paid? It should do.

In your case I would contact your manager NOW, and tell him/her this is not acceptable. If your manager is not reachable, or can't/won't do anything today, then contact the Financial Director. Tell him you expect funds to be in your account by close of play TODAY.

This is appalling, they are in breach of contract, and you cannot reasonably be expected to work unpaid.

clumsymum Fri 29-May-09 12:55:34

I don't suppose you have a union?

BTW don't be fobbed off by anyone in the management chain saying they can't do anything.

It is management's responsibility to ensure the company meets it's responsibility.

If you have to, walk out until you are paid, this is tantamount to constructive dismissal, I think.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 29-May-09 14:41:06

I only work one day a week so not at work now as it's half term. Manager also on half-term. Employment particulars state last working day of month in arrears.
I'm betting the 'Finance Director' is on half-term too.

pinkteddy Fri 29-May-09 14:44:16

When are you back at work? Can you put something in writing ready to deliver on your return to work? As clumsymum says this is unacceptable and breach of contract. Even if payroll deadlines have been missed they can either do a payrun for you or raise a cheque instead immediately.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 29-May-09 14:56:32

I've called them and apparently there is a mysterious weekly bit of paperwork I have to fill in online every week I'm in. Which they didn't tell me about.

Apparently they can do me an advance when the woman who sets me up to access this bit of paperwork comes back from holiday.

No one naturally told me about the piece of paper I had to fill in every week. And I have no system log-on.

Have to wait to sort this out Monday now. When she returns to work and when I next go in.

LaurieFairyCake Tue 09-Jun-09 16:16:09

Right, an update. I called them last week and they said they had all the paperwork and would pay me by the end of the week.

They didn't sad. So I sent an email and left two messages, heard nothing.

Finally got her today and she said that someone had accidentally sent the money to someone else and that they would be able to do it by the end of this week.

I'm getting a bit pissed off now and have no actual confidence they will pay me hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now