Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flowery's off for a bit

(29 Posts)
flowerybeanbag Thu 28-May-09 08:00:52

Let's just say it's time to take another break...

Back in a couple of weeks

LeninGrad Thu 28-May-09 12:00:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rubyslippers Thu 28-May-09 12:10:03

see you when you are back

thanks for the advice last week smile

dustbuster Thu 28-May-09 12:58:54

Flowery, I read that other thread, and I thought your advice was excellent and the reaction completely inexplicable. Don't blame you for wanting a break.

dancingqueeen Thu 28-May-09 18:47:54

Flowery, I keep meaning to post this, and say thank you for the various bits of advice you've given me in my last 6 months or so of problems with my employer. It helped me to see things more clearly and more rationally. the upshot- I was facing dismissal (due to illness) but managed to convince them finally that they needed to follow proper procedures and treat me properly, things have definitely improved now

RibenaBerry Thu 28-May-09 20:19:42

Jeez Flowery, I just saw that thread too. I know I'm not around much at the moment, but just wanted to echo what others have said. Not sure why that thread went so horribly downhill. It's obviously a sensitive issue but still...

Unicornvomit Thu 28-May-09 20:20:29

don;t know what is going on, but don't be a stranger !!

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 28-May-09 20:31:51

Flowery you advised me on holiday accrual during AML which meant my ex employers had to give me an additional £1000. I can't remember what I was called then but I was hugely grateful and as far as I am concerned you are a star smile

You are someone who a lot of people know and rely on to dish out sensible accurate advice. It is lovely to have someone around who really knows their onions.

Have a good break but do come back smile

LovelyTinOfSpam Thu 28-May-09 20:32:50

Not just for advice obviously, but you know what I mean smile

spicemonster Thu 28-May-09 20:37:53

Take care

CarGirl Thu 28-May-09 20:37:56

Enjoy the break, I always like reading your advice because you get to learn so much from you!

Ewe Thu 28-May-09 20:41:56

Enjoy your break. FWIW I thought you were spot on with your advice on that other thread, don't stay away for long!

Kitsilano Thu 28-May-09 21:11:29

What was the thread?! Come back soon flowery.

fledtoscotland Thu 28-May-09 21:17:56

enjoy your break flowery and thanks for your help with my questions about mat leave and bank holidays.

i must have missed something too Kitsilano. i dont know which thread

trixymalixy Thu 28-May-09 22:40:48

Have a nice break flowery, your fantastic advice will be missed!!

silver73 Thu 28-May-09 23:54:51

What is the thread? Can someone post the link? I don't like the sound of Flowery being upset

trixymalixy Fri 29-May-09 00:12:07

here

islandofsodor Fri 29-May-09 00:16:48

Do enjoy your break, I think you do need to step back a bit as you were unusually curt on the other thread.

Hope you come back feeling better.

Laquitar Fri 29-May-09 12:30:12

You don't know me as i havn't asked you directly for help. But many tmes have found other posters questions to be what i wanted to ask and i have benefit from your helpful advice.

I ve said it on the other thread you did not deserve that swearing.

cornflakegirl Fri 29-May-09 13:26:12

Come back soon flowery. The response on the other thread was entirely undeserved.

fledtoscotland Fri 29-May-09 21:17:49

having just read that thread, i'm appalled at the response flowery got. She answered the query with the details of employment law and got slated for it.

enjoy your break flowery and come back soon

KatyMac Fri 29-May-09 21:26:02

Always helpful for us employers too wink

Don't stay away too long

QS Sat 30-May-09 00:09:38

I always enjoy reading your responses on threads, shame about the way you were treated on that thread.

Have a good break and hope you will come back refreshed.

<bugger bugger bugger, as I was hoping to catch you attention on another thread>

BBisfinallyPG Sat 30-May-09 11:11:54

Well i am another to say thanks flowery. I've read that thread and think that if the person in question had been paying for your advice she would not have been so rude. it was totally uncalled for and tbh i think uneccessary. People like that are spoiling your help for everyone. I certainly value your knowledge.

hope you have a good break, and sorry that being so helpful is often so unthanked!

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 30-May-09 11:24:18

I haven't had to ask you for any advice, but I've always been very impressed with the amount of time that you give to people, and the generosity of spirit that you have.

Enjoy your break!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now