Advanced search

Nanny Tax question......

(3 Posts)
ljcooper3 Fri 29-Apr-05 08:48:18

How do you start paying tax on a nannyjob?
I never done this before as its my first job and need to know so I can start paying it. Thanks

jothorpe Sat 30-Apr-05 14:06:31

Are you a nanny?

If so, your employer is responsible for paying your Tax and NI.

Your employer [the parents] will need to register with Inland Revenue as employers... Inland Revenue will give them guidance on what to do. They have to give you a payslip... either Weekly, or Monthly depending on how often you are paid. The payslip needs to show deductions made... it typically shows:
Basic Pay, Taxable Pay, Tax Paid, NI Employee, NI Employer, Net Pay.
It will often show all these for the pay period (ie, week or month) plus the total for that tax year.

To register as an employer, the parents should call: New Employers' Helpline on 0845 60 70 143
They will get a New Employers Starter Pack View Online

You should give the relevant part of your P45 to your new employer, or if you have not worked before, then you need to complete a P46 (this is inclosed as part of the starter pack).

Hope that is of some help.

ljcooper3 Sat 30-Apr-05 14:55:17

Yes I am a nanny, thanks for your help, ill take a look at the link, cheers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: