Talk

Advanced search

Pay rises

(7 Posts)
munz Mon 11-Apr-05 09:19:57

the boss has just mentioned that we are to get a 7.5 % pay rise this year, (taking me to £12,900 p/a f/t) do u think it's a reasonable pay rise? i've got over 4 years experience doing my job and am training towards the qualification.

any thoughts appriciated.

am training to be an accountant.

vict17 Mon 11-Apr-05 09:21:35

very reasonable imo. My payrise (for local government) has never been above 3% and one year was 1.5%

munz Mon 11-Apr-05 09:22:55

it's not the % i'm too bothered about it's the rate of the actual money, althou i'm used to being paid 'city' wages which are a lot more than those in the 'country'

Pamina3 Tue 12-Apr-05 13:28:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

munz Tue 12-Apr-05 20:47:55

i'm studying for CAT, have no study package or leave, I have to do the course from home thru BPP and pay for everything myself, it's the only bad thing i've found about leaving pratice as my prev boss bit an excellent study package. still at least in industry I don't have the additional stresses for deadlines etc.

ladymuck Tue 12-Apr-05 20:50:32

What is your job specifically and whereabouts (regionally) are you? 7.5% is a decent increas this year IMO. Hard to say whetehr the absolute salry is reasonable without local comparisons.

munz Tue 12-Apr-05 20:59:29

I am in west wales and the accounts manager/credit contoller for a small firm we have 12 employees, it's a pharmacutical company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now