Message withdrawn

iota Thu 07-Apr-05 15:04:55

dti site \linkhttp://www.dti.gov.uk/er/redundancy/payments-pl808.htm\here}

iota Thu 07-Apr-05 15:05:28

or here

lisalisa Thu 07-Apr-05 15:11:19

Message withdrawn

mummytosteven Thu 07-Apr-05 15:19:55

you should still get smp even if you tell them that you won't be coming back. the other thing to watch for is getting your accrued annual leave in before you go on maternity - i.e. make your official leaving date 20 work days after your last actual day in work. (I didn't and think my firm have sh*fted me over it by saying I was only entitled to 12 days pay)

lisalisa Thu 07-Apr-05 15:30:31

Message withdrawn

mummytosteven Thu 07-Apr-05 16:43:51

i mean to take your annual leave for the year that you are PG ifyswim before you go off on maternity leave. just my experience was that through not taking that before I left, but claiming the pay when I resigned, I lost 8 days pay.

mummytosteven Thu 07-Apr-05 16:44:19

if you don't you take the annual leave, you claim the pay when you resign.

sis Sun 10-Apr-05 17:43:53

Lisalisa, you have negotiated well for yourself in the past so why not give it a go again and sit down and talk about what you would like and see if they can agree to that or something similar so that both sides are happy? remember, the law is just the minimum - you can always argree something different e.g two or three months full pay up front for you in excahnge for you leaving at the start of your maternity leave and they don't have the uncertainty of whether you are coming back or not and finding work for you if you do come back. Good luck.

lisalisa Mon 11-Apr-05 09:56:18

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now