Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New NI/Tax relief voucher system - employer won't join!!

(5 Posts)
Honeymum Mon 04-Apr-05 20:14:52

I wondered if anyone else had this problem (and like me is planning to write to Gordon Brown!!!). We like the new system of nursery vouchers - it means me and DH can both claim £68 of tax/NI relief per month - lovely, except DH's firm (blue chip, multinational) won't join the scheme! . It costs them nothing and in fact they will be able to save about 4% of his NI costs. Anyone else had this problem and been able to do anything about it?

miranda2 Mon 04-Apr-05 22:42:44

It really pisses me off that the company has to join - why can't they just make it available to everyone?? My employer is currently 'considering' it, dh's apparently isn't (and again, his is a blue chip multinational). Grrrrr. You're right, I should write to GB, hadn't thought of that. Also must write to both employers 'enquiring' again...

Pamina3 Tue 05-Apr-05 10:07:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hannahsaunt Tue 05-Apr-05 10:51:58

Dh and I both work in the public sector and neither will consider it (NHS and HEI). Did wonder if this would be actionable under equal opps - they do provide the tax relief for those who have places in the employer-provided nursery (just insufficient places for all to be there).

Honeymum Wed 06-Apr-05 13:48:01

I work for an HEI (University of Nottingham) and they have offered vouchers for about a year now - so I'm surprised that your institution doesn't. It must be a quick win if Notts can do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now